Submit your Resume
BI Software Quality Assurance Technician - St-Laurent
according to experience
BI Software Quality Assurance Technician
As a leader in the field of integrated management solutions (ERP) and business intelligence (BI), Our Client attributes success to its employees and products. In addition to providing robust and innovative solutions, their consultants are the best in terms of knowledge and experience. Many of them are working in their company for over ten years and it is thanks to their dedication and professionalism that their business relationships with their customers are so successful.
Located in Saint-Laurent of Montreal, Our Client develops and operates a variety of innovative solutions in various business areas.
Since its founding, Our Client has provided ERP solutions to more than 200 medium and large companies across Canada and the United States. In response to the request of a number of customers for advanced business intelligence solution, they have developed and marketed the BI solutions. Their solutions have known a huge success around the world for their robustness, highly intuitive user interface and easy integration into organizations of all sizes.
In order to support the constant growth of their business intelligence (BI) solution in their platforms, Our Client is looking for a dynamic, critical-minded and bilingual software quality assurance analyst that will work closely to the R&D team and support team to establish an end-to-end test plan, executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
The candidate will also look for flaws and weaknesses in the program, such as an unappealing interface, and report back to the developers.
Reporting to the Product Manager, the BI Software QA Technician has various responsibilities and is able to work under minimum supervision. The candidate is self-taught and will be able to suggest for how to make a software program work better. With time, the candidate will be given more responsibilities if they demonstrate their ability to lead the QA efforts and follow-up on the software quality at various levels in the company.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes;
- Configure multiple testing environments with the products;
- Assist in the analysis and potential implementation efforts in setting up automation testing throughout the whole application;
- Write documents and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts;
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process;
- Write and maintain IT documents;
- Ensure the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly;
- English ILR level 3 minimum;
- SQL language Knowledge;
- French ILR level 2 or higher is a great asset;
- Experience in using or implementing automation tools is a great asset;
- Knowledge of Quality and Assurance Processes is an asset;
- Knowledge of how to write IT, Support and Quality and Assurance documents is an asset;
Skills & competencies:
- Ability to understand SQL statements, Reports and Software Architecture;
- Ability to write test plans and test cases;
- Creative, independent, motivated and critical thinking;
- Up to date with emerging technologies;
- Analytical thinking, organization and attention to detail;
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications;
- Ability to communicate well with others;
- Ability to integrate and work confidently as a part of a team;
- Competitive base salary;
- Pleasant working environment;
- Human sized business;
- Starting at 3 weeks of vacations;
- Central location in Montreal;
- Group RRSP plan;
- Insurance policy;
201 Club Marin Road suite 101
Montreal (Quebec) H3E 1T4
Tl.: (514) 362-1234
© 2015 UNIXEL inc. All rights reserved.