Soumettre votre candidature
Description du poste
Numéro du poste
Junior Linux SysAdmin- Downtown Montreal
According to experience
Our Client is an IT consulting firm.
They are looking for a talented junior Linux Administrator. This is a permanent position. The work is done in downtown Montreal at one of their larges clients and will begin ASAP. Beautiful technologies and nice challenge are waiting for you. The wage is generous.
• Server administration and engineering. Providing 3rd level support case handling in a large 24x7 distributed server environment operating within the realms of ITIL processes
• Development of documentation and procedures for near-shore and off-shore support teams
• Development of tools (python/perl) and puppet modules for automation
• Work closely with both IT and business partners to design and implement solutions supporting business needs
• Experience in high frequency trading environments and a deep understanding of low latency and HPC systems
• This role is responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting complex technical environments on distributed applications and infrastructure and ensuring secure solutions following industry best practices
• Able to contribute to Market-watch initiatives and able to recommend solutions to improve the environment and provide value to the business
• Candidates must be client focused, able to work independently while interacting across different teams to accomplish projects. Candidates must have the ability to complete detailed quality documentation, project plans using Wekan, Visio, etc.
• Knowledge of multicast and market data technologies is a must. The candidate will also be responsible for analyzing performance issues, configuring new deployments, and providing day-to-day support.
• Ensure procedures are followed and mechanisms are in place to ensure compliance to technical designs, best practices and are well supported
• Provide mentoring to colleagues and training for solutions. Serve as a subject matter expert and escalation point when needed.
• Regularly communicate with internal clients from different departments and project stakeholders
• Minimum 5 years experience in Systems Administration, Architecture, and Engineering
• Ability to learn and adopt to new environment quickly
• Management / ITIL process
• Experience working in large (500+ servers), 24x7 environments
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Desired / Plus:
• RedHat certifications
• Agile certifications
Languages: Fully bilingual English and French (English is more important)
- 1+ year of experience as a Linux system administrator (V5 & V6) or Red Had, Debian, etc.
- Has managed at least 500 servers
- Bilingual (English is more important)
- Solaris 10 (OS, ZFS, Zones)
- Logical Volume Management (LVM, VxVM)
- Clustering: SVCtools, VCS
- Shell scripting (Ksh, Perl, Python)
At least 1 year
Based on experience
201 chemin du Club Marin suite 101
Montréal (Québec) H3E 1T4
Tél.: (514) 362-1234
© 2015 UNIXEL inc. Tous droits réservés.